Here at Flamingo, we offer our premium roof cleaning service in Ayrshire, Glasgow and surrounding areas. We take extreme pride in the services we deliver and aim to embrace the latest technologies and equipment available to push the boundaries of what's on offer in the Scottish exterior cleaning market. Our roof cleaning service is at the forefront of this but what is it we do differently to ensure our clients are guarenteed the most premium service?
Roof cleaning methods
To understand why our methods are the best, we must first look at some alternatives...
- Scraping roofs. This method involves climbing on the roof or using an extended pole to scrape moss off of the roof using a wire brush or similar tool. The results are poor. The roof is generally left an uneven colour, some moss / spores will remain and it will not remove any lichen from the roof. Since some parts of the roof may be harder to access it also encourages unsafe practices which may damage the roof tiles or result in injury or worse....
Roof scraping leaves behind organic growth and an uneven finish.
- Softwashing roofs. Softwashing is a term used to describe low pressure exterior cleaning which involves treating the surface with chemicals in order to clean it. After a roof has been 'softwashed', it is likely that it will look the same as it did before the treatment. This is because softwashing relies on the organic matter such as moss and lichen dying over time. If the roof has been treated correctly, the moss will fall off over time, often resulting in clogged gutters and downpipes. Softwashing can also suffer from unsafe practice, with chemicals being sprayed over a distance and potentially contaminating gardens or nearby properties.
Soft washing encourages unsafe practice combined with a poor finish.
The Flamingo Way
We have developed a process for cleaning roofs which provides instant results whilst ensuring that there is no damage to your property. Using either a mobile tower or spider lift to access your property, our skilled operators can them utilise the equipment in our custom built exterior cleaning units. Firstly, the will apply an eco friendly biocide to the roof to begin the process of killing organic growth. They will then use steam, supplied from our built in boilers, combined with a light jet to clean the roof. Using this method, we can achieve uniform results which leaves behind absolutely no trace of organic growth, dirt or debris. The final process is the rinse down but we don't stop with your roof tiles. As part of our standard roof cleaning process also involves cleaning all uPVC roofline, gutters inside and out as well as the windows and doors of your property. The clean up process is extremely important to us so we won't leave the site until your property is gleaming and we've tidying up any surrounding areas such as walkways or neighbouring properties.
Before - The roof is covered in organic growth and debris and is aesthetically unpleasant. The gutters are collecting moss and are at risk of blocking.
After - The Flamingo way leaves a uniform finish, all organic growth and debris has been removed safely and the gutters have been cleared.
Dispelling The Myths
- 'Don't pressure wash roofs'. You may have heard myths about 'pressure washing damaging roofs', 'reducing the lifespan of tiles' or 'removing coating's'. This can be the case in America where 'shingles' are common but not in the UK. In the UK, steam and low pressure jetting combined with a biocide treatment provide the optimal results. Using the correct (low) pressure and treatments are essential. Unfortunately unscrupulous or inexperienced traders using too high pressure can cause damage.
- 'Roofs should never be cleaned, only replaced'. Roof cleaning is an amazing service which greatly improves the asthetics of your property and increases the longevity of your roof. In many cases, it also removes a large build up of moss on the roof and in the gutters, meaning water can drain freely from your property and thus preventing damage.
- 'Roof's should be painted'. When roofs are installed, the are rarely painted or coated. Painting roof tiles can bring a new colour to your roof but unfortunately, these results won't last and the roof will begin to look patchy.
To find out more about our award winning roof cleaning service or to request your free quotation, call our office on 01292 254013 Monday to Friday 9-5. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at email@example.com or complete our handy contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.